Helping you sell your home and save thousands in Real Estate Commission
While selling your home without the services of a professional real estate agent is not for everyone, one can save thousands of dollars in real estate commission if they choose this route to sell their home.
Although the task may be more difficult than it appears on the surface, there are many resources available to help you successfully save the thousands of dollars in real estate commission. Below is a list of services that we offer to those selling their home as a For Sale By Owner.
1. Place your home on a FSBO website with hundreds of other homes that are being sold by owner. www.fsbocampus.com
2. Build a website devoted to your home. See Sample
3. Create a virtual tour of your home See Sample
4. Syndicate your home across the web to major real estate portals such as Oodle, Zillow, Trulia,
5. Build a Mobile version of your website allowing potential buyers to text for more information and receive a link to the property website on their mobile phone. ihouse638 to 79564
6. Create YouTube Videos that rank on the 1st page of Google for multiple keywords people will likely use while searching. Click the links below to see samples of property videos on page 1 of Google.
7. Answer phone calls from those calling with questions about your home.
In my experience there are 3 questions that will be asked by those that call about your home. With information from you, we can answer all 3 questions for you and schedule an appointment only after making sure they have been pre-approved for a home loan. (see no. 8 below)
- Is the home still for sale.
- Can we schedule a time to visit the home.
- Are you willing to pay a real estate commission if I find you a buyer.
8. Pre-screen potential buyers before you allow them to view your home
Security is becoming more a concern for home sellers. It is important to have potential buyers screened before they are allowed in your home. Those that can qualify for a home loan are less likely to commit a crime, and those that may be looking to commit a crime, will likely target a home that does not require screening to visit.
“There have been more stories about thieves posing as home buyers to get access to a home for sale and later come back to commit robbery have given some sellers reason to be concerned. Normally a Real Estate agent would pre-screen potential buyers before bringing them into your home. Their own safety needs leading them to be careful. However, absent a real estate agent, requiring potential buyers to obtain a pre-approval from a lender offers security. Those that would have evil intent in this area would likely not be able to qualify for a home loan. Furthermore after providing a lender with all of their personal and contact information, including a copy of their driver’s license it is likely that thieves would look elsewhere to find a target not requiring them to provide such information.”
With the work we do to market your home, potential buyers will have access to many pictures, videos, virtual tour, as well as the home’s statistics online. Most of their questions should be answered without coming into the home and only those that find your home meeting their needs would need to come to your home. These people are serious buyers and not merely lookers. Serious buyers will likely be pre-approved already or will not have a problem getting that step behind them.
As a mortgage lender, we have successfully closed on a number of transactions that had no Realtors involved. We have learned to help buyers and sellers complete the required tasks from filling out purchase agreement, ordering inspections to scheduling a closing with the closing agent.
The reason we do this at no cost to you is that after working through a number of For Sale By Owner transactions we realized there was both a need and an opportunity in the FSBO market. We can help facilitate the transaction and earn the opportunity to talk to the buyers of your home who are likely to need our services, as well as the others that call on your home that decide to buy another home, who also is likely to need our services.
We think we have developed a WIN/WIN situation where we both can benefit from working together, with no cost to either party.
You can benefit from our years of knowledge to guide you through the transactions. We are always available to answer your questions.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.